HAEKWANG meets requirements of both ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards and also complies with other international standards, relevant legislations and regulations related to environment, safety and health.
HAEKWANG declared guidelines for our environment in 2011 for preservation of the globe and prosperous human life and promotes activities integrating the concept of environment especially in safety, health and disaster prevention related green management. HAEKWANG’s Green Program has 4 concepts: the Green in Management, the Green in Product, the Green in Process and the Green in Factory.
TO LET THE EMPLOYEES TO UNDERSTAND AND PRACTICE PROPERLY ITS ETHICAL MANAGEMENT POLICIES, INCLUDING THE COMPANY’S CODE OF ETHICS, HAEKWANG IS TO SETTLE ITS ETHICAL MANAGEMENT BY PRESENTING A CRITERION OF CONDUCT AND A STANDARD OF MANAGEMENT OF RELEVANT TASKS.
Goal of ethical management
– In performing duties, both HAEKWANG’s employees and HAEKWANG are to be honest to customers and to pursue a mutual development in the relationship with cooperative companies and as ensuring its fair competition with the competitors, both parties set the goal to fulfill their responsibilities and obligations to shareholders and society.
Matters to be observed to practice ethical management
– In performing work, HAEKWANG’s employee is to obey ethical standards and not to act any unfair trade practices, fraud and corruption.
– In the case of recognizing an employee’s unfair trade practice, fraud or/and corruption in the process of working performance or in the case of receiving the suggestion of fraud and corruption acts from a business partner HAEKWANG’s employee is to inform this immediately to the Management Support Team.
– In case that regular or/and frequent surveys are conducted for unfair trade practices, fraud and corruption that violate ethical standards, HAEKWANG`s employee is to provide cooperation such as submission of related data(the data needed to investigate unfair trade practices, fraud and corruption) that are required by the company.
– For the activation of safety and health, including global environmental protection and industrial disaster reduction, HAEKWANG`s employee is to understand the management system of environment/safety and health to obey it and to practice it actively.
– If HAEKWANG`s employee violates this pledge he or she must take all the corresponding responsibilities.
Matters not to be done by HaeKwang employees in job performance
– In regard to a task, employees cannot either require, receive and promise any monetary benefits to/from/for their business partner or stakeholders or donate or require third parties to donate.
– Employees cannot require, receive or promise any meal expenses, event casts and other personal expenses.
– In the case of receiving an offer of simple meals or entertainment from stakeholders, employees can take this only within the range of giving help to a formation of sound relationships and any kinds of treat and reception which may damage the dignity of an employee from a responsible company are prohibited regardless the cost.
– Receiving gifts, including any kinds of goods, tickets for shows and tickets to use facilities is prohibited in principle but if it is inevitable it is to be controlled in accordance with a given procedure.
– Expenditure for congratulations and condolences cannot exceed 100,000 KRW at one time and it is prohibited to notify it to a relevant party intentionally with the purpose of receiving conventional expenditure for congratulations and condolences according to appropriate reasons or gifts(i.e. first-birthday ring and etc.).
– The company can review the report of the ‘voluntary declaration’ to determine the intent of the violation the occurrence frequency and the degree and if necessary the company can restrict the deal with stakeholders.
– Gifts and expenditure for congratulations and condolences which are shared with each other employee in the company are available only within the allowance of social convention.
– In principle, it is prohibited for employees to share their own credit and income, including cash loans, loan guarantees, co-investment and so forth and the act of sharing credit and income that exceed 5,000,000 KRW per one case or 10,000,000 KRW in total must be pre-notified to the Management Support Team.
ALL HAEKWANG`s EMPLOYEES AND THIRD PARTIES ASSOCIATED WITH HAEKWANG HAVE A DUTY TO COMPLY WITH THE PROVISIONS OF HAEKWANG`s CORPORATE ETHICS.
It is prohibited for HAEKWANG and its cooperative to perform false, exaggerated, irresponsible, libelous advertising or similar activities whilst the company is conducting bid, contacts and marketing activities(i.e.newspapers, broadcast advertising, and etc.) and in the case that any unethical situation occurs this must be immediately reported to HAEKWANG`s corporate ethics counseling center.
HAEKWANG ENCOURAGES OUR SUPPLIERS TO ENGAGE IN FAIR TRADING.